Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thank God for Daddy

The other day, I was standing at our stove dishing up supper for our kids. Several of them had lined up -- Keaton (9 years old) and Korben (10 years old) were jostling for the front position. Josh (9 years old, but looks like he's 12) was right behind them. Kaleb (5 years old) was behind the others, but trying to get up front.

I filled the first plate, and handed it to... Kaleb.

Korben, Keaton, and Josh all protested, "but I was here first!"

I explained that it is always the job of the older kids to take care of the younger kids.

I then proceeded to dish out food to Hayden (7 years old), Josh, Keaton, and Korben.

As I did so, I asked if they noticed that I hadn't given any food to myself yet. I told them the reason was because it's always the job of the older ones to take care of the younger ones.

When we all got to the table, Josh offered to pray.

His prayer, "Thank you, Jesus, for this food, and thank you for Daddy."

By the way, Josh is a foster son we'd only had for a week or two. I was surprised that he started calling me "Dad". I was touched that he thanked God for me.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I have not only found a new 'writer' but one that gives a meaning to every day life with a pOint! there's more than one reason God has connected us!! I will ask your permission to send this out on my Morning Coffee Devotional thru FB. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete